Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team at our Corporate office in New York reporting to the VP of Finance. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the monthly close process with the related reconciliations and filings; working closely with business partners to monitor transaction flows to ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
- Manage monthly closings, ensuring all entries and accruals are complete
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations including proper supporting documentation, and timely checklist completion.
- Assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to monthly closing process, increasing efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage sales tax, ensuring proper rates and timely filing
- Assist preparation of drafting financial statements, P&L, balance sheet, cashflow
- Support budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversee Ecomm payment processing, reconciling balances and chargebacks
- Manage monthly rent payments, validating rent invoices, and process commercial rent tax
- Proactively investigate variances and resolve queries from other departments
- Provide coverage for team members as needed
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the fashion/apparel industry
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with systems integration exposure
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal oriented (self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently).
- Team player and able to work cross-functionally
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.