Veronica Beard is looking for a dedicated Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our team at our corporate office in New York reporting to the Controller.
The individual must be able to assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to vendor and payment management.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable processing in in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Oversee and manage the process to code, enter invoices, review and match payments to invoice backup, mail out checks and maintain accounts payable files. Support the transition to an automated, paperless process ensuring controls are in place for accuracy.
- Provide top-quality assistance and support to all internal and external business partners.
- Maintain and organize the process of invoice booking: promptly secure all necessary approvals and appropriate coding while meeting high standards of accounting accuracy and position requirements.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately by the assigned deadlines.
- Review and audit expense reporting for receipts and proper GL coding including for corporate credit card expenses.
- Manage process to reconcile vendor statements with processed invoices/payments. Follow-up for invoice copies and with internal contacts in a timely manner.
- Assist with month-end closing and reconciling AP ledger with general ledger.
- Proactively investigate and resolve outstanding vendor invoice issues
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Maintain systems and provide feedback on improvement opportunities
- Be a team player by providing coverage for team members as needed
- 5-7 years of Accounts Payable in the fashion/apparel industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Experience managing purchase order and receipt matching process a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Experience working with complimentary business functions such as Production and Operations
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal oriented (self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently).
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup. Experience with MS-Great Plains a plus.
The base salary range for this role is between $65,250 and $79,750. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.