Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team at our Corporate office in New York reporting to the VP of Finance. The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for coordinating credit and collection activities; working closely with Sales, outside credit insurance partners, and a factor to monitor and ensure compliance with collection policies and requirements.
- Oversee the day to day collection effort, conducting collection calls and e-mails, managing prepaid accounts with payments and Logistics, and consistently following up with aged accounts
- Must be able to assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to account management to minimize operational risk while improving cash flow
- Establish relationships with customers to collect on invoices
- Assist with month-end closing
- Process and mail (via e-mail) customer statements
- Post daily deposits to client accounts, properly applying to outstanding invoices and offsets
- Manage customer chargebacks, reconcile and resolve as well as filing disputes in a timely manner
- Manage day-to-day activities with domestic and international credit risk agencies, request additional credit lines as needed. Provide required monthly reporting
- Manage factor relationship on specific client accounts. Provide billing and support
- Proactively investigate and resolve billing issues
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Maintain systems and provide feedback on improvement opportunities
- Be a team player by providing coverage for team members as needed
- 5+ years of credit and collection in the fashion/apparel industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Experience working with complementary business functions such as Sales and Logistics
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal oriented (self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently)
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.