Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for an AR/AP Assistant to join our team at our Corporate office in New York reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager. The AR/AP Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Accounts Receivable and Payable functions; working closely with Accounting team to ensure proper application of cash receipts and disbursements as well as supporting the e-commerce payment and refund activities. This role reports directly to Account Receivable Manager
- Post daily deposits to client accounts, properly applying to outstanding invoices and offsets
- Assist with customer chargebacks in reconciling and supporting to file disputes
- Process and mail (via e-mail) customer statements
- Assist with e-commerce payment activities, reconciling refunds, investigating discrepancies for resolution. Liaise with E-Commerce team to resolve chargebacks and other payment issues
- Assist with Accounts Payable function, coding, entering vendor invoices and payment processing
- Review and audit employee expense reporting for receipts and proper GL coding including for corporate credit card expenses. Support processing within Concur platform
- Reconcile vendor statements with processed invoices/payments. Follow-up for invoice copies and with internal contacts in a timely manner
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Be a team player by providing coverage for team members as needed
- 1-3 years of AR/AP or general accounting experience in the fashion/apparel industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.