Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking an Assistant Technical Designer to join our Tech Design Department. This role is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to our Technical Designer. The ideal candidate will have women’s tailored experience.
- Spec & prep garments for fitting
- Take detailed notes in fittings for designated product categories
- Write tech pack fit comments for designated product categories made both overseas and domestically
- Interface with freelance patternmakers to convey fit and construction corrections
- Interface with domestic & overseas factories to convey fit and construction corrections
- Prioritize workload based on fabric/garment delivery. Meet seasonal deadlines
- Compile fit lists weekly
- Take on additional projects as needed
- 1-3 years of experience as a women’s technical designer (Tailored Wovens experience preferred)
- Basic knowledge of garment construction
- Basic knowledge of patternmaking & draping
- Ability to communicate fit corrections to factories overseas and domestic
- Ability to communicate and interface with designers, production, and freelance patternmakers
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.