Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Associate Designer will support the design team across research, design and development for Denim and Non-Denim garments. The role is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Denim Design Director.
- Design Denim and Non-Denim from concept to production
- Coordinate with team to find creative execution to Denim product
- Work closely with technical design, production, merchandising to maintain and deliver quality product
- Research seasonal trends, themes, raw materials, and fabric.
- Key player in conducting fittings
- Will be traveling to LA wash houses and domestic vendors to develop SMS seasonally with department PD
- Develop seasonal washes that works into new assortment
- Presents design concepts and sketches to VP and Creative Directors
- BA or BFA specializing in Fashion Design
- 4-5 years Design experience
- Denim experience required
- Expert user in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, and Outlook
- Strong Denim wash and Denim business knowledge
- Elevated taste level and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to manage and lead others
- Knowledge in Denim/garment construction
- Ability to conduct Wash research and fabric
- Strong sense of color
- Knowledge of seasonal silhouette and wash trends
- Strong illustration/ presentation skills
- Understanding the Brand’s DNA and customer to design back into the collection
- Strong sense on trends and market research to apply back into the assortment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiatives when needed
- Detail oriented, and good follow through
- Strong organizational, communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills, adaptability, and flexibility
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Thinks creatively, possesses the ability to identify trends and tracks ongoing business
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.