Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking an Associate Denim Technical Designer to join our Tech Design Department. The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to our Senior Denim Technical Designer. The ideal candidate will have women’s denim technical design experience.
- Track, spec, & prep garments for fitting
- Attend, take notes, and assist in live model fittings
- Write fit comments for designated product categories made both overseas and domestically
- Interface with patternmakers and factories to convey fit and construction corrections
- Maintain consistent size and fit based on Veronica Beard standards
- Prioritize workload based on fabric/garment delivery. Meet seasonal deadlines
- Collaborate daily with design & production teams to ensure ideal product while maintaining margins
- Compile weekly fit lists
- Manage fit schedule with the fit model; send invite e-mails to attendees
- Take on additional projects as needed
- 3-5 years of experience as a women’s technical designer (wovens, denim, washed products preferred)
- Working knowledge of garment construction
- Working knowledge of patternmaking & grading
- Ability to communicate fit corrections to factories overseas and domestic
- Ability to communicate and interface with designers, merchandising, production, and patternmakers
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player
- Proactive, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.