The Corporate Controller is a key member of the Veronica Beard Finance team. S/he is responsible for safeguarding company assets and maintaining strong accounting integrity and internal controls.
The Corporate Controller will establish best practice procedures and automation to deliver timely and accurate service levels and will produce relevant financial reporting in accordance with GAAP. This role is based out of our New York City corporate office and reports to the VP of Finance.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Execute, monitor, and enhance month-end/year-end checklists and workflows to ensure timely, accurate period-close procedures and relevant financial reporting.
- Ensure balance sheet and account reconciliations are properly performed and reviewed in a timely manner with reconciling items clearly explained and supported.
- Manage and maintain accruals and reserves for accurate monthly and annual results
- Establish, monitor, enhance the internal control environment to ensure compliance.
- Document and publish policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to proactively communicate and resolve accounting matters
- Work with FP&A to inform and develop annual budgets and reforecasts.
- Work with FP&A to explain monthly variances to budgets/forecasts and utilize variance analysis to support accruals where necessary.
- Track financial KPI’s for AR aging, DSO, DPO, Inventory turns, etc., and manage to target.
- Manage banking relationships, establish cash control procedures, and prepare cash forecasts.
- Manage financial covenant compliance and prepare compliance certificates
- Manage external auditor relationships, and support annual reviews and resolution of audit findings
- Set SLA’s and targets for the accounting personnel, supervise, and develop talent.
- Conduct periodic best practice benchmarking across accounting procedures and recommend improvements to resources, technology systems, and procedures to improve accuracy, control. speed and quality of financial reporting,
- Prepare audit-ready Annual Financial Statements.
- Other duties as typically required by the role of the Controller
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required – preferably in Finance or Accounting or related field.
- Public accounting experience and MBA a plus
- 10+ years of professional financial and business analysis experience within an apparel or consumer packaged goods company
- Experience with a global company working with multiple currencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills and able to build and develop teams
- Outgoing and proactive. Able to deal with internal and external counterparts in a professional and friendly manner
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and comfortable making decisions, and adjusting priorities and resources
- Process, service, and results oriented with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically
- Highly committed self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
The base salary range for this role is between $160,000 and $195,00. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.