Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is seeking a skilled and creative Cut & Sew/Knit Associate Designer to join our fast-growing team. The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to the Design Director.
- Responsible for the entire product design process for Cut & Sew/ Knit program including trend research, design boards, sketching, flats, fabric, trims, embroideries, tech pack development, approved lab dips, BOMs and fittings in collaboration Design Director
- Assist with selecting materials and production techniques to be used for products
- Involved in factory allocation, fabric/color allocation for all styles
- Regular communication with teams, business and creative partners and to ensure alignment on collection and calendar
- Create and update CADs along with a detailed tech pack for development with overseas factories
- Help develop knitwear standardization across each fabric category
- Take part in special projects, seasonal lookbook shoot and fashion week presentation
- 5+ years of related experience
- Hands on team player
- Ability to understand and fully incorporate the brand’s aesthetic
- Strong hand in flat sketching ability
- Excellent jersey fabric, knit construction and technical knowledge
- A strong understanding technical aspect of wash and finishing
- Detail oriented, organized, and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and PLM
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.