Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial ecommerce expert to join our team as Director of E-Commerce. The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for strategically growing veronicabeard.com and optimizing our P&L as we expand. The ideal candidate is a numbers-driven, tech-savvy leader who can manage a fast-growing DTC site. This leader will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of veronicabeard.com including tech prioritization, project management, operations and site development, and product managing the online customer experience to maximize site usability, performance, and ROI.
This leader will leverage data to continuously improve on the site experience, presenting insights and recommendations to drive sales and conversion. The candidate is expected to be a data-driven product manager with a high level of ecommerce operations and project management expertise who likes to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative work environment. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration with our marketing, creative, operations, planning, finance, retail and wholesale teams.
- Own the full P&L for the ecommerce business
- Build, enhance, and manage the site through all aspects of site layout, product positioning, navigation, merchandising, functionality and entire online checkout funnel
- Measure, report and improve key performance metrics regarding site traffic, conversion analysis and user behavior
- Manage site, build roadmap, project manage and effectively prioritize initiatives. Lean in and audit technical needs, work with in-house team and external vendors (development agency, platform, fulfillment, and customer service)
- Identify, quantify, track, and resolve technical issues within our platform as well as propose and thoroughly test new functionality while partnering with release and UX teams, supporting resolution of issues related to data feeds, product, pricing, promotions, content, orders, third party integrations, etc
- Actively monitor daily data flow between front end, order management, and internal systems; working with appropriate partners to resolve any discrepancies and issues
- Manage merchandising and customer service team, coordinating with operations and warehouse team to ensure an optimal customer experience
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to key traffic-driving initiatives, optimize SEO, and utilize key product and merchandising strategies to drive channel growth
- Collaborate with other business units lead (retail, wholesale) to align on initiatives that grow omnichannel revenue base
- Oversee daily and weekly reporting for internal management team. Oversee preparation of monthly hindsight and contribute to quarterly business reporting
- Leverage business analysis and strong understanding of financial metrics to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment to achieve growth and profitability of the ecommerce business
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of e-commerce experience
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end e-commerce processes including clear understanding of website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality
- P&L or line of business management experience, core operational strength and the ability to make budget decisions to drive business success
- Possess an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality, product manage a team, lead customer service and merchandising, and seamlessly ensure site operations are fully functional.
- Deep technical understanding of ecommerce site operations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations
- Exceptional project management skills - technical and/or product management background a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work quickly, efficiently and strategically with a wide range of internal departments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, develop, and grow teams. Able to manage up, down and across with results
- Proficient in M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.