Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for a passionate and experienced Editorial Director to join our head office in New York. The Editorial Director will create and drive our storytelling (for brand, campaigns and site) as well as manage and produce editorial content across all platforms.
This person will create, shape and disseminate our storytelling at every touchpoint of the brand. From campaign design to storytelling on site, in media and on print collateral, this storyteller will shape our brand message and ensure its consistent execution across channels. This creative storyteller needs to be able to condense abstract ideas into short snippets, elevating our emotional connection with our customer, while executing campaign and on-site copy (lifestyle and product) in addition to copy used in stores, with wholesalers, with partners and on product. This editor will develop and maintain the brand voice while creating inspired storytelling that provides context for the Veronica Beard lifestyle.
This leader and the team of copywriters will be shaping the voice of our brand.
- Work with team on creative ideation for campaigns, partnerships and marketing opportunities. Create storytelling
- Develop and execute editorial content strategies that support brand initiatives and marketing needs across all touchpoints (VB Edit blog, social media + copy/messaging across site and email, in-store, events)
- Lead concepting and oversee production for all editorial stories
- Partner with creative team to brief in all editorial content shoots that support seasonal collections and provide lifestyle content for editorial platforms (social, email, blog, site)
- Extend engagement across channels i.e., offline activations in-store hosted by tastemakers, collabs, etc.
- Partner with digital and social team to develop content + commerce opportunities across Veronica Beard-owned channels (social, email, blog, site)
- Partner with Art Director and VP Communications & Brand Marketing to develop creative concepts for various brand initiatives
- Plan and manage the blog and cross-channel editorial calendar
- Oversee blog content—write, edit and outsource
- Build and publish posts in WordPress. Identify blog design optimization opportunities and work in tandem with U/X designer
- Report monthly on blog performance
- Create messaging around collections and brand marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for and manage all email, site, ad media, product, #VBGIVESBACK and marketing collateral copy including:
- Write all emails to support email marketing
- Oversee site copy including homepage, category and corporate pages
- Review and approve all ad media copy
- Oversee all product copy including product names, descriptions, hang tags, labels and flashers
- Craft all collateral copy including direct-mail pieces, in-store signage and event invitations
- Manage a team of 2 copywriters
- Determine freelance copywriting needs and manage freelancer projects and budget
- 12+ years' experience in editorial and content creation
- Superior written English
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage time, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in fashion industry, history, trends, culture and relevant cultural references
- Industry-aware and up to speed on key trends
- Awareness and interest in business (hero products, key initiatives, sales, investments, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team player
- High level of ownership, accountability, initiative and drive
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.