Veronica Beard is seeking a Raw Materials Assistant to join the Raw Materials team. This position is based in our NYC office and reports to our Fabric Manager.
- Organize and maintain fabric library and seasonal fabric collections.
- Assist with daily communications with both nominated mills and full package vendors to track production fabrics and endure deadlines are being met.
- Track bulk cuttings for approval and prepare head ends for review.
- Distribute color standards, production standards, and swatches to mills.
- Enter raw material information into PLM and ensure data accuracy during pre-production stage. Update material information as needed.
- Work with cross functional teams to generate content codes, color codes, and style numbers in PLM.
- Request and allocate pre-production sampling fabric and track shipments to factories.
- Communicate with cut room on upcoming bulk fabric shipments.
- Pull production BOM materials information and yields ahead of fabric buy.
- Assist in making sure fabric inventory and liability records are updated and match official records. Update ERP system as needed.
- Attend local fabric shows, including Texworld and PV NYC.
- Assist in developing fabric for post-market adds and exclusives.
- Update Product Knowledge files and ensure accurate fabric information is distributed to cross functional teams.
- Maintain production fabric binders, bins, and references.
- Assist Fabric Manager with special projects as needed.
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PLM.
- Experience with ERP preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude.
The hourly rate for this role is between $24.00 and $25.00. The relevant hourly rate will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The hourly rate is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.