Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is seeking a Fabric Assistant to join our Fabric Team. The Fabric team manages both fabric development and bulk production for the entire VB collection. The position is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to our Assistant Fabric Manager.
- Assist with daily communications with both nominated mills and full package vendors to collect FDS and initial fabric information
- Allocate fabric to both both domestic and overseas vendors
- Assist in sending out color standards, artwork, development swatches each season
- Request and track lab dips, strike offs and handlooms as well as assist in sending out color and pattern comments
- Daily fabric updates to the seasonal fabric chart and WIP
- Enter all seasonal material info into PLM and ensure data accuracy during pre-production stage
- Issue all fabric PO’s for proto yardage and SMS
- Track and manage development invoices for all sample yardage for submission to AP dept
- Request sms cuttings and bulk cuttings for review and approval prior to shipment
- Prepare sms cuttings by delivery for internal pre-market meeting review
- Manage Fabscrap account to ensure proper recycling of swatches and unused materials as well as proprietary custom developed fabric
- Assist in making sure Fabric Inventory and liability records are updated and match official records
- Attend local fabric shows, including Texworld and PV NYC
- Assist in locally sourcing fabric for special projects from showrooms and NYC fabric stores; seasonal fabric sourcing with fabric mill base
- Organize and maintain fabric library and seasonal fabric collections
- Collecting price lists from mills, pricing fabric as it is received
- Ensure fabric boards, binders, and all fabric development tools remain updated
- Visit factories in NYC’s Garment Center to assist in managing and tracking fabrics received from overseas mills
- Maintain sample yardage inventory in office and midtown factories
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PLM
- Strong organization and communication skills (both written and oral), as well as attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.