The Human Resource Manager - Corporate is responsible for ensuring compliance, engaging and managing our HR processes and operational policies within our corporate office. This role will report to the Senior Vice President – Human Resources. This role is located out of our corporate office in New York.
- Oversee employee relations for the corporate office.
- Assist in human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintain the work structure by ensuring job requirements and descriptions are updated for all positions.
- Prepare employees for responsibilities and assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensure job evaluations are being performed by management on time and follow-up is being completed.
- Foster positive and effective employee relations. Advise and assist managers with various human resources functions, including conflict resolution, progressive discipline, and other sensitive information when needed.
- Review reports and metrics from the organization's human resource information (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Ensure all aspects of benefits administration (i.e., medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter, STD, LTD). Partner with the benefits broker to enhance offerings and oversee our annual open enrollment process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, recommending revisions and new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews. Recommend changes when needed.
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retain historical human resource records by ensuring a filing and retrieval system for past and current records.
- Cultivate professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Support with the company’s employee resource group (VB YOU).
- Comply with all OSHA regulations.
- Stay within the departmental budget.
- Projects as needed.
- 4+ years of Human Resources experience
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Knowledge of retail and the apparel industry
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Experience with high-growth organizations
- Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to conduct formal presentations and one-on-one meetings
- Creative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.