Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Merchandising Planner will support the global Veronica Beard business. This person will be responsible for reviewing weekly performance, executing the seasonal line plan by channel, developing department and classification strategies, helping to facilitate monthly hindsight reports, and ensuring margin and sell thru targets are achieved in season. This role is based in our NY office and reports to the Director of Merchandising.
- Execute weekly and monthly reporting and comparative analysis of Veronica Beard sales performance. Recap by delivery, class and attribute selling to understand nuances by region and identify opportunities and/ or risks for business
- Work on combining the DTC global selling data
- Oversee seasonal line planning by channel and classification to improve adoption rate
- Prepare weekly and monthly product reporting in partnership with the rest of the Merchandising team, to develop strategies to improve amount of productive skus and sell through
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners
- Highlight takeaways and deliverables needed to ensure we are developing the most accurate number of styles and sku’s to limit risk and maximize in season opportunities
- Monitor product sell thru and work with wholesale and DTC planning team to see ideal product opportunities by month
- Complete seasonal product hindsight reporting to support future strategy development and ensure WS and DTC needs are being fulfilled
- Partner with Merchandising and Design in prepping for additional ad hoc reporting, creating assortment and sku count plans by classification, and financial plan build outs for future line planning
- Maintain market awareness through store visits, competitor shopping and product / pricing analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of relevant merchandising planning experience in planning
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Personable, team oriented and capable of developing strong working relationship with internal and external partners
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and flexible to deadline demands
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.