The Payroll/AP Specialist is responsible for coordinating and processing payroll while providing support for the AP process. This role is based out of our New York corporate office reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Performs all functions required to process the bi-weekly payroll including auditing timecards, coordinating with Human Resources
- Processing multi jurisdiction payroll, including Canada and UK
- Preparing journal entries to record payroll to G/L
- Commissions calculations
- Serve as a resource for payroll related issues to resolve grievances or pay discrepancies with employees, HR, legal, accounting, benefits, or government agencies
- Support year end processing and special projects including internal and external audits relating to payroll
- In support of AP, receiving, processing, invoices, verifying vendor accounts/statements, paying vendors, and resolving discrepancies
- Ability to drive ownership of their area of responsibility to consistently meet deadlines
- 3-5+ years payroll and AP experience preferred
- Experience with high volume payroll
- Knowledgeable about federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Proficient in Payroll software (ADP US, Canada, UK preferred)
- Strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.