Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Production Development Assistant (Sweaters, Cut & Sew Knits) will be supporting the product lifecycle for the Sweaters and Cut & Sew Knits category. The ideal candidate will have a passion for product, is highly organized and well versed on illustrator and Excel. This role is based out of our NYC office and reports to the Senior Director, Knitwear.
Support and assist in day-to-day operations of Product Development + Design teams for sweaters, as follows:
- Assist in the sourcing of yarns and trims each season, as well as pricing, organizing, and archiving seasonal yarn cards / selections sent from mills / vendors
- Assist PD Associate in the ordering of yarns and other raw materials, sending color standards as needed, as well as tracking status of all materials
- Work with PD Associate to create a line chart of all requested samples from factories each season, as well as tracking sample status
- Create and maintain BOMs for all styles throughout development process
- Responsible for coordinating and sending parcels to overseas factories, as well as checking in samples, mock-ups, and approvals when boxes are received
- Maintain swatch and sample library, organizing and archiving garments each season for future design reference or distribution to sample sale
- Photograph salesman samples for design library prior to selling appointments
- Steam and prepare samples for fittings and selling appointments, affixing buttons and other trims, when necessary
- Attend fittings, when possible, taking detailed fit photos and organizing / categorizing pictures, as directed
- Partner with PD Associate to set up all styles in PLM system prior to market appointments each season
- Product Development / Production major is preferable – applicants should have a strong interest in learning the ins-and-outs of knitwear (sweater and cut & sew) development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with product development and production processes
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral), as well as attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.