Location: Los Angeles, CA
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Product Development Associate will be working closely with the Denim Designer and play a vital role in help creating and growing the Denim and Non-Denim category at Veronica Beard. Within this role, you will be supporting the product lifecycle for Denim and Non-Denim. The ideal candidate will have a passion for product, is highly organized and well versed on illustrator and Excel. The position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Senior Production Manager.
- Liaison between Design and the Production team
- Help research and source new local trims as needed
- Manage sourcing new fabric and maintain sample yardage inventory- Follow up on sample fabric orders and ensure timely receipts
- Work in the field and communicate with sample rooms, wash and finishing houses on a consistent basis
- Coordinate and monitor samples for fit, quality execution and denim construction
- Work with tech and pattern makers to ensure garments meet fit standard
- Manage initial costing for all washes to analyze and achieve margin goals
- Create and maintain sample, fabric, lab dips and strike off tracking
- Log wash comments, manage wash standards and approvals in LA- help transition into production
- Issue development shrinkage blankets for new washes- test all raw materials at development stage
- Review SMS and update Tech Packs and BOMs prior to costing finalization
- Ensure timely and correct sample are sent to the New York office i.e. trims, specs, etc.
- Maintain and update Development WIP
- 3-5 years of experience in the Denim and fashion industry
- Domestic LA and denim experience preferred
- Strong ability to communicate with cross-functional teams and keep workflow organized
- Strong working knowledge of PLM, Word and Excel
- Extremely detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- A positive can-do attitude while being proactive and flexible
- Must have a car and be able to drive to all vendors
- Bilingual - Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.