Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for a RTW Buyer to support the ongoing expansion and continued success of the DTC business. This person will oversee total product life cycle and be responsible for product buys, initial allocation/replenishment strategy, RTVs/Transfers, markdown management, etc. This role is based in our New York office and reports directly to the Buying Manager.
- Weekly reporting and comparative analysis of Veronica Beard sales performance. Recap delivery and classification selling to understand nuances by location and identify opportunities and /or risks for the business. Effectively communicate key learnings and action plans to the team
- Inventory management for 20+ stores and veronicabeard.com in partnership with Business Planning Manager to ensure that merchandise is properly assorted. Work with allocator in season to align on weekly replenishment targets, store-to-store transfers, and RTVs to maximize sales and limit inventory risk
- Support core/seasonal flow of denim styles, identifying key styles to carry forward and ensuring proper depth targets are bought to achieve sales plans
- In-depth seasonal hindsight reporting and by door analysis to support market prep and assortment planning
- Support manager in market to identify key style rankings, store clustering strategy and depth investments by style and present buying strategy to senior management
- Maintain market awareness through store visits, competitor shopping and product / pricing analysis
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional partners and store teams
- Supervise junior team members (allocators, assistants, and interns) and be accountable for continued growth and development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in buying, planning and/or merchandising; denim experience preferred
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task while taking initiative and being account for work
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and flexible to deadline demands
- Team focused
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.