Location: Greenwich, CT
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in maximizing sales, providing an exceptional shopping experience for the customer and managing the store in accordance with the company visual and operational standards. The Assistant Manager assumes responsibility for the operations of a store as “Manager-on-Duty” in the absence of the General Manager.
- Assumes Manager’s role in supervising staff in absence of General Manager
- Strives for sales excellence and results
- Ensures selling standards are met
- Works with customers and models excellent customer service and Clienteling skills
- Maximizes sales through strong floor supervision
- Ensure associates are trained on product knowledge, selling skills and customer service and operations
- Provides information and feedback for Sales Associates
- Team sells with Sales Associates to contribute to the development of the selling team
- Protects store payroll by managing wage costs, salaries, and allowable hours
- Controls company’s assets, i.e. key control, loss prevention measures, inventory paperwork and company standards of conduct per the employee handbook
- Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash, inventory, fixtures and property
- Helps execute floor-set and promotional directives
- Works as a member of the team to insure all store standards are met
- Understands, supports and complies with all company policies and procedures
- Helps control all company assets (i.e., payroll hours, fixtures, cash, inventory and property) and completes all paperwork promptly and accurately
- Ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies and directives
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goals
- Provides timely feedback to stores regarding visual direction in partnership with Retail Director
- Represents the fashion and style of Veronica Beard
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and styles
- Appreciation and demonstration of an overall finished fashion look
- Understanding of fashion forward styling techniques
- Comfortable with being on camera for social media purposes (both stills and video)
- Adheres to company guidelines of dependability, including attendance and requirements
- Attends Store Meetings
- Minimum of 2 years retail management position/ experience in women’s apparel (or related field)
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong observation skills – identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, floor awareness, etc.
- Ability to retain and utilize data, i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures
- Ability to create a quality working environment that will encourage others to develop and excel
- Foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect, professionalism and teamwork to achieve goals
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.