Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking a Senior Denim Technical Designer to join our Tech Design Department. The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to our Senior Director of Technical Design. The ideal candidate will have women’s denim technical design experience.
- Collaborate with Design, PD & Production teams to ensure proper and professional communication and produce exceptional garments while maintaining margins
- Develop Denim Design/Production Calendar in collaboration with Denim Design Director & Senior Denim Production Manager seasonally
- Prioritize daily and seasonal workload based on fabric/garment delivery. Meet weekly and seasonal deadlines.
- Hire & manage a direct report. Train in best practices for Denim and Washed Product categories.
- Take on additional projects as needed
- Own all Denim Bottoms & Washed Product Bottoms from Development through Production stage.
- Attend initial Design handoffs for new product & complete technical packages within deadline
- Initiate technical sketches with focus on denim constructions
- Measure & prep garments for proto fitting
- Lead Denim & Washed Product proto fittings
- Write proto fit comments and update specs for all Denim & Washed Product in preparation for SMS launch
- Update all Denim & Washed Product Tech Packs with most recent blocks/specs prior to 1st PP launch
- Track incoming Denim/Washed Product samples from LA & compile fit list weekly
- Book Denim fit model weekly
- Spec & prep garments prior to fitting
- Lead Denim fittings
- Write fit comments for all Denim bottoms & Washed Product bottoms
- Interface with LA patternmakers, LA production team, and LA factories to convey fit and construction corrections
- Maintain consistent size and fit based on Veronica Beard Denim blocks
- Track, code, and submit all invoices related to denim department (Model, Patternmaking, Sample)
- Track model budget monthly & ensure we are within our yearly budget
- Seasonal travel to LA factories and vendors as needed (up to 4 times a year)
- 8-10 years of experience as a women’s denim technical designer (bottoms experience preferred)
- Expert at leading fittings
- Strong knowledge of denim garment construction
- Strong knowledge of patternmaking, draping, grading
- Strong knowledge of model booking
- Ability to communicate fit corrections to factories overseas and domestic
- Ability to professionally communicate and interface with designers, merchandising, production, and freelance patternmakers
- Ability to successfully oversee a complex category while making product quality & seasonal deliverables a priority
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in PLM/PDM system preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong sense of urgency, organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, problem-solver, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.