Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
The (Senior) Director of Human Resources will partner with the Senior Vice President of Human Resources to manage the people strategy for our global organization. The ideal candidate will manage ensure global compliance, oversee the performance management process, operational policies, learning and development initiatives as well as oversee our HRIS and benefits administration. The individual will ensure Veronica Beard is an employer of choice and focus on talent management + retention. This role will report to the SVP of Human Resources.
The position supports a global population of 235 employees between the corporate office and nineteen retail stores.
- Administers human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Oversee employee relations for corporate and retail.
- Assist executives in the performance management process, preparation, and administration of the organization's compensation and bonus program with the goal of providing motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Manage leadership training and management coaching activities that prepare high-potential employees for management roles, whether through internal activities or sourcing and evaluating third-party partners.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Foster positive and effective employee relations. Advise and assist managers with a broad range of human resources functions including conflict resolution, progressive discipline, and other sensitive
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Maintain HR operations and updated policies and procedures as needed.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and innovative technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to senior management.
- Manage all aspects of benefits administration (i.e. medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter, STD, LTD). Partner with the benefits broker to enhance offerings and oversee annual open enrollment process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, recommending revisions as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Liaise with senior management on company-wide communications.
- Support with the company’s employee resource group (VB YOU).
- Comply with all OSHA regulations.
- Partner with the Finance Department on key projects and initiatives.
- Assist Operations Department on space planning for growth.
- Maintains departmental budget.
- Projects as needed.
- 15+ years of Human Resources experience
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Knowledge of retail and the apparel industry
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related law and regulations
- Experience with high growth organizations
- Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to conduct formal presentations and one-on-one meetings
- Creative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.