Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for a passionate Senior Technical Designer (Sweaters) to work closely alongside the Design team. The Senior Technical Designer (Sweaters) will be responsible for partnering with the Senior Sweater Designer, Design & Tech Design teams on all seasonal sweater styles. This role reports to the Knitwear Director and is based in our NYC office.
- Partner with Senior Sweater Designer to launch proto, SMS, PPS, and TOP tech packs for all seasonal sweater styles
- Spec samples and prep spec sheets for all fittings
- Schedule and lead development and production fittings for sweater category
- Communicate fit comments for all sweater styles; maintain daily communication with sweater factories to convey fit and construction corrections from the early stages of development through final production
- Help establish and maintain consistent size and fit based on Veronica Beard standards
- Prioritize workload based on yarn/garment delivery, ensuring seasonal deadlines are met
- Collaborate daily with design, product development and production teams to ensure ideal product while also maintaining margins, suggesting more cost-effective options as needed
- Influence calendar and workflow for sweater category, attending weekly WIP meetings with PD and production teams
- Track and manage workflow, prioritize workload, and ensure deadlines are met
- Integrate sweater technical design into PLM Revo, setting up POM libraries and creating style templates
- Partner with Director on special products within sweater category, taking on additional projects, as required
- 10 years of experience as a women’s technical designer (sweater experience is required)
- Experience in leading fittings
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of knit garment construction, including stitch / gauge / technical capabilities and limitations, as well as grading
- Ability to effectively communicate design intent and fit corrections to factories
- Ability to communicate and interface with design, merchandising, product development and production teams
- Ability to successfully oversee a technical category while making product quality and seasonal deliverables a priority
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience with PLM Revo
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Innate sense of urgency and organizational skills; technical and detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, problem-solver, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated/entrepreneurial
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.