Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Vice President of Merchandising oversees the Merchandising team and function to deliver an inspired lifestyle focused product offering that meets our customer needs. This position will develop product strategies by integrating customer data, utilizing sales and trend analytics across different categories to optimize product assortment and drive business results. This role is based out of our New York Corporate office and reports to the company President.
- Develop and execute merchandising strategy for all product categories - RTW, VBJ and Swim
- Create seasonal line plans and ensure that the collection delivers against the business needs
- Develop and maintain consistency of offering across all channels of business
- Implement a strong price hierarchy and lifestyle differentiation across product categories to ensure delineation between RTW, VBJ and Swim.
- Monitor business and market trends so that Veronica Beard insights may be shared with design and sales teams
- Perform competitive research and hindsight analysis so that opportunities for growth are identified and product offering is enhanced
Liaise with design, channel leaders and marketing to align on vision and to share data and insights
- Partner with Design to build a compelling assortment each season.
- Partner with Product Development and Production to continuously improve our quality and fit of product.
- Partner with Marketing and Visual to ensure messaging aligns with product strategy and offering
- Partner with Channel leaders to understand channel specific business needs and support product knowledge
- Collaborate with international partners to ensure that the product offering also suits our global markets
- Promote an environment that fosters the respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategies, measures own success by the team’s success
- Continuously looks to innovate and improve our business and business processes
- Mentor junior team members and evolve the team infrastructure as the business scales
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- 12+ years of relevant merchandising experience
- International experience a plus
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.