Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Director of Production will oversee all aspects of the production cycle from proto costing through delivery of the finished goods to the warehouse. This role will be responsible for working on a calendar of 5 seasons/ 11 deliveries. This role reports to the Vice President of Production and is based in our NYC office.
- Partner with Design, Product Development, and Merchandising to achieve target cost margin through raw material selection, allocation, and effective production strategies. (Understand costing breakdowns – fabric, trim, CM, duty & transportation etc.)
- Analyze and calculate COGS and suggest methods to decrease expenditure. Provide counter options when costing is prohibitive or quality is problematic
- Partner with cross-functional leads to establish key calendar milestones, ensuring deadlines are met by all internal and external business partners
- Oversee hand offs from development to production and resolve potential production issues in pre-production stages
- Lead RTW production team and manage production WIP to assure all styles are on the proper production schedule to meet the delivery
- Follow all stages of garment approvals with tech design team, ensuring all quality standards are met
- Follow up pre-production and production stages in a continuous communication with manufacturing partners
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with manufacturing partners (remotely and on-site) to improve costs, quality, and lead times
- Oversee the data entries in ERP/PLM system, making sure all cost information and PO are entered and maintained in system
- Track sample development metrics and costs to ensure we are within the budget
- Assist VP of Production in assessing and managing Vendor matrix to support changing needs and business objectives
- Support VP of Production in sourcing and counter sourcing efforts, works meticulously to secure the best fit vendors
- Stays abreast of industry trends, changes in trade regulations, production innovation and other environmental impacts to the production process. Create reports and communicate the developments in these areas
- Manage and develops team members: set clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback, provide mentoring and guidance to facilitate their professional development and success, ensure all team members are fully utilized to their capacity and ability
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to develop supporting strategies
- 10+ years of experience managing multiple product categories exclusively in the fashion industry
- Have significant experience working directly with vendors as well as with agents/sourcing offices globally (US, Asia, Europe, South America)
- Advanced knowledge about costing, manufacturing, and calendar management
- Knowledge of production including trade regulations, testing protocol, production integrity, production cycle times, fabric, and garment construction
- Strong planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure maintaining attention to detail and accurate work in a fast paced and changing environment
- A strong negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions
- Willingness to travel to visit domestic and overseas vendors as required
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, be flexible, and bend processes to support business needs
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment
- Experience with ERP system required
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.