Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Events and Special Projects Assistant will support our SVP Strategic Partnerships, Events and Charitable Giving, and our Manager, Brand Events & Partnerships on all retail, wholesale and brand initiatives. The ideal candidate will help produce impactful events that drive sales, build brand awareness, customer loyalty, and community relations. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. In this role, it is imperative to maintain composure and flexibility in a fast-paced work environment as well as work with a variety of cross-functional and external partners. The position reports to the Manager, Brand Events & Partnerships and will sit in our NYC office.
- Support SVP Strategic Partnerships, Events and Charitable Giving, and Manager, Brand Events & Partnerships in the execution of the branding and events strategy, contributing new ideas to ensure the correct positioning and growth of Veronica Beard in the market
- Assist with the production of regional selling and charity events including timeline creation, vendor procurement, invitation and menu creation, the sourcing of materials, and guest management
- Produce and maintain project decks and event recaps to be shared company-wide, updating them in real time
- Own standard administrative duties of the department, including budget maintenance, invoice processing and calendar management
- Foster strong working relationships with external brand partners and vendors
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing/Communications (or a related field)
- 1-2 years’ experience in Special Events or Communications
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and serve as an ambassador of the brand
- Independent work ethic with excellent time management skills and the capacity to meet deadlines
- Ability to proactively prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Dedication to working in fashion/retail with knowledge of the fashion cycle, as well as industry influencers, celebrities, trends, and pop culture
- Openness to hands-on program management
- Willingness to travel to events and regional store locations as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in RTW, advanced contemporary, or luxury preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop preferred
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.