VB in Action: Memorial Sloan Kettering FOOD program
With Thanksgiving around the corner—and in the spirit of both National Gratitude Month and Lung Cancer Awareness Month this November—we're continuing our #VBGIVESBACK partnership with the Lung Cancer Research Foundation with a special giveback to the Memorial Sloan Kettering FOOD program. Team VB, both at corporate HQ and throughout our stores nationwide, have been donating pantry items to the nonprofit, which supports underserved people who are undergoing treatment for cancer and other chronic illnesses. In addition, we've created special gift baskets for the lung cancer patients with handwritten note cards and our Pumpkin Pie recipe (see below). Our customers have been chipping in, too, with dollar donations at all VB locations—to all those who have contributed, THANK YOU.
P.S. It's not too late to support the cause. To donate directly, click here—and help us give food and healthy nutrition to the patients who need it most.
Recipe: Simple Pumpkin Pie
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine eggs, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and mix until combined
3. Place pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish; pour pumpkin mixture into the crust.
4. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake until filling is set, 35-40 minutes.
Read More about Our Partnership with LCRF:
Discover More on VB Edit