#MAKEITHAPPENLauren Berlingeri, Co-Founder & Co-CEO of HigherDOSE
I was a model for over ten years and throughout my experience I wasn’t kind to my body—I smoked cigarettes, did fad diets...
I discovered infrared while working for a health and wellness start-up. My job was to interview the most influential health experts—from doctors to naturopaths to holistic practitioners—about the best technologies, the best ingredients and the best practices. That's when the infrared sauna came up.
Biohacking is like do-it-yourself biology. It’s aimed at improving one’s overall wellbeing through strategic interventions and niche modalities with scientifically-proven efficacy.
It differs from wellness because within the broader concept of wellness, there are a lot of fads—trendy supplements, diets, and workouts-- that sometimes don’t have proven benefits or results.
What are 5 biohacks you do every day?
1. Hot and cold therapy—going between an infrared sauna and a cold plunge or cold shower.
2. Grounding—walking outside barefoot after a stressful or screen-heavy day.
3. Daily movement—I do some form of exercise every day, supplemented by heavy lifting three times a week for improving bone density.
4. Eating for my genetic makeup—I believe in intentional, whole food nutrition.
5. 8-plus hours of deep restful sleep every night.
What are the 10 wellness products that you can’t live without?
1. My infrared sauna.
2. My home air filtration system.
3. The Leela Quantum Bloc.
4. PEMF Grounding Mat.
5. A lymphatic tool for detoxing. HigherDose is coming out with one soon!
6. Biologique Recherche P50V toner.
7. Our Red Light Face Mask and Glow Serum (best used together!)
8. Strong Coffee for on-the-go, bulletproof coffee.
9. Mayu Swirl to structure my Mountain Valley spring water.
10. CAROL Bike for optimizing my VO2 intake.
SHOP THE LOOK
DISCOVER MORE ON VB EDIT