#MAKEITHAPPENKaris Renee, Stylist & Marketing Strategist
I’m a media and marketing specialist, which gives me the opportunity to work for myself as a brand ambassador (in travel, fashion and lifestyle) as well as perform as marketing director for top Dallas businesses. Of all my hustles, I especially love being an entrepreneur of my online boutique Karis’ Kloset on Poshmark, where I share my style with friends, family, and followers as a longtime Posh Stylist.
I’ve always been a fan of fashion, and I actually got my degree in apparel design and product development in college. After trading in my technical design skills and resigning from a multi-million dollar fashion company as a marketing executive, I found my true passion styling photo shoots, ghostwriting for influential women and brands, and creating killer content. My passion is fueled by inspiring more women to explore their personal style. And style is everywhere! From what you wear to what your digital marketing looks like.
Aromatherapy, prayer, facial steaming, and meditation
Leaving my first major corporate job to pursue independent creative marketing was the scariest thing, but having the faith and confidence that I was worth the bet… that was the most rewarding!
How I Make It Happen
2. Fuzzy slippers
3. Finding at least one thing that I accomplished the day before that I can celebrate today. It’s a great way to kick-start the day and combat the anxiety that comes with immediately thinking of “what’s on the to-do list.”
1. Choose your battles.
2. Move in silence.
3. Check your mindset twice as often as your phone. I find life a lot more difficult to “hack” when I get lost in the sauce of what’s going on digitally. From the schedules to the to-do lists, it’s really important to prioritize your own inner peace over everything.
1. Comfortable flats hidden in your office and trunk
2. Don’t ever type anything at work that you wouldn’t say out loud
3. When advocating for yourself, know your worth and state it confidently… then add tax!
My baby hairs. I think I’ve finally mastered the perfect swoop.
Best advice received…
“How your life feels is so much more important than how it looks.”
There’s nothing like a sloppy cuff on a chic outfit! A hidden accessory like Cuffed Up sleeve cuffs are a stylist’s best-kept secret! Fool-proof perfect sleeves every time!
Spanx. Hands down. They put in the work.
Trends come and go, but a good fit is forever. Don’t waste your time on the trends that don’t suit you. The best styles will fit you like a glove.
Savvy, smart, and sexy.
Reading: I’m treating myself and actually reading the fashion coffee table books I’ve been hoarding! Starting with Little Guides to Style: A Historical Review of Four Fashion Icons.
Listening: Adele, Childish Gambino, Baby Rose, & Alabama Shakes. All albums. All on repeat.
Binging: Married at First Sight. The mess is truly unbelievable.
Brainstorm killer marketing ideas for people’s businesses
Love & Cookies
Right now, I am so inspired by Tabitha Brown. She kicked off her career as an influencer just within the past few years, and she’s since launched several successful brands that really resonate with her personal life and audience. From her business hustle to encouraging me to eat cleaner, I’m really inspired by what she’s bringing to the table as another fabulous female in the entrepreneur space.