The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for coordinating cash application, collections, with a focus on chargeback resolution for key accounts. This role is based out of our New York Corporate Office and reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Maintain current balances for accounts receivable including those on high-volume retail accounts
- Manage chargebacks (investigate, seek approval, dispute, log the status, follow up the reversal, documentation, validate, write-off, etc.)
- Post daily deposits to client accounts, properly applying to outstanding invoices and offsets
- Troubleshoot account issues causing late payments or excess chargebacks
- Flag nonresponsive delinquent accounts to Accounts Receivable Manager
- Work with complementary business functions such as sales and logistics
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Provide coverage for team members as needed
- 3-5 years’ Accounts Receivable experience
- Experience with chargeback resolution and with customer disputes strongly preferred
- Experience with major retailers a plus
- Experience with international accounts in a consumer goods setting a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary analytical skills with ability to resolve multiple ongoing issues
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal-oriented (self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently)
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.