Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is seeking a skilled and creative Design Assistant who will support the design team across research, design and development for RTW with a focus on soft wovens. The position is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Senior Designer.
- With guidance from the Senior Designer, assist through all stages of the design process
- Participate in all relevant design meetings. With the rest of the design team, create mood boards and conduct research across materiality, trims, embellishment, garment research, and colors in-line with seasonal inspiration
- With guidance from Senior Designer be responsible for designing part of the expanding collection
- Create accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups and embroidery design mockups through all stages
- Create and amend initial style numbers, tech packs, BOMS, and linesheets. Ensure design boards, and linesheets are maintained for all collections
- Actively participate, take detailed notes during meetings and fittings and maintain archive of all fit photos
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Apparel
- 1-2 years experience in an Assistant role
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Veronica Beard aesthetic
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Understanding of fabric, garment construction, pattern making and fit
- Strong drawing skills and excellent knowledge of computer software including Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.