Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is looking for a Freelance RTW Patternmaker to work closely with our Design, Product Development, and Tech Design Teams. The position is fully remote with occasional in-person fittings in our NYC corporate office. The ideal candidate will have extensive women’s patternmaking experience.
- Work on pattern corrections from Proto through TOP stage (Development through Production)
- Draft development pattern based on sketch, specs, and block given
- Attend in person and virtual fittings as needed, seasonally
- Work directly with Product Development and Technical Design teams to understand desired fit & pattern corrections, including phone calls and emails when needed
- Make pattern revisions according to fit comments and adjusted specs
- Provide updated cutters must and paper pattern after corrections
- 10 years experience as a womenswear pattern maker
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience in leading fittings
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Ability to translate fit comments to pattern corrections
- Ability to communicate and interface with technical design & production team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.