Veronica Beard is seeking a driven and passionate Product Development Associate to work closely with the Product Development and Design teams, focusing on both the RTW and Sportswear collections. The Product Development Associate will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams across the company. This role is based in our NYC office and reports directly to the Product Development Assistant Manager.
- Support Product Development Assistant Manager on all aspects of development from initial tech pack through to production hand-off
- Work with Design and Product Development Team to track, develop, and execute Proto and Salesman Samples for RTW, Sportswear, and exclusive programs.
- Responsible for developing repeated styles, exclusive sample requests, and PR duplicates through tech pack and BOM initiation
- Daily communication with international vendors
- Create and manage factory linesheets, utilize to ensure proto and SMS samples are delivered on time
- Set up and update styles in PLM throughout development stage, and automatically generate style info in ERP system at the end of each season
- Review SMS BOMs, pull necessary trims and ship to factories for SMS
- Assist in preparation and set up for all internal reviews and fittings during each season
- Assist Product Development team in ensuring a complete hand-off to production at the end of each season – including, but not limited to: BOM, digital patterns, keep samples, and trim info
- Work closely with Fabric team and Trim Buyer to ensure all material delivery is aligned with sample schedule
- Maintain Master Style WIP chart to ensure all style info is up-to-date and aligned with all seasonal charts
- Help Product Development Assistant create outgoing packages and receive incoming packages. Daily tracking of all incoming packages and help organize and log in all received samples
- Help prepare dry clean testing for all new and counter-developed trims
- Create packages (samples, trims, fabric, instructions) for Midtown alterations
- Help to manage rotating intern (shared responsibility between both Product Development Associates on the team)
- Create trim binders for each season, and help maintain in-office trim organization
- Assist in maintaining and updating trim library, updating shared Master Trim Chart for cross-functional use
- 2-3 years of experience in product development
- Experience working with overseas factories. Domestic experience is a plus.
- Looking for someone who is proactive, extremely organized, detail oriented, can think on their feet, a problem solver and has a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot
- Willingness and eager to learn and grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Photoshop & Illustrator is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of Trim is a plus
- Experience with PLM and ERP system is a plus
The base salary range for this role is between $55,000 and $60,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.