Veronica Beard is seeking a driven and passionate Associate to work closely with the Director of Product Development/Production for its new handbag category. The role will involve collaborating closely with external design consultants, multiple cross -functional teams across the company, and numerous overseas vendors. This role is based in our NYC office.
- Support PD/Production Director on all aspects of development from initial tech pack through to production.
- Assist in creating seasonal WIP charts in Excel amongst external supply chain partners.
- Maintain WIP charts throughout development to ensure all information is accurate prior to production pass off.
- The Associate will be responsible for daily vendor communication and will address all issues pertinent to accurate execution of product from development through to production ex-factory.
- Communicate daily with internal cross functional partners and external partners to ensure major milestones are achieved within the timeline published.
- Responsible for the completion of BOM “Bill of Materials” in PLM.
- Support manager in costing process; sending factory FOB targets, cost negotiation through development, and cost finalization prior to production.
- Manage, track, monitor and report on sample and delivery status at each milestone utilizing factory WIP chart.
- Review all samples received and check for accuracy, execution, and understanding of Design’s intent.
- The Associate will be the key point person for the sending of development packages to design partners and external supply chain partners.
- Responsible for preparing shipping documents for sample materials in UPS/DHL/FEDEX.
- 2-3 years working in handbag and accessory product development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for both product and the process. An understanding of handbag product lifecycle and general lead times is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a sense of urgency and flexibility.
- An innate entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to breathe fresh air into any team dynamic while persisting in the face of challenges.
- Experience working ‘factory direct’ with overseas handbag factories and raw material suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Photoshop & Illustrator is a plus.
- General knowledge and experience sourcing leather and developing hardware is a plus.
- Experience with PLM is preferred. Experience with Exenta and ERM is a plus.
The base salary range for this role is between $55,000 and $60,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.