The Veronica Beard Fabric team manages both fabric development and bulk production, working on VB RTW Collection, VB CORE, and VB Jeans. This role will focus on bulk fabric production. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has strong textile experience, has great communication skills, and is excited to help grow the Fabric team. The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain a strong bridge across Fabric Development, Design, Product Development, Technical and Production teams. This role is based in our NY office and reports to the Senior Director of Raw Materials.
- Organize and maintain fabric library from development pass off to end of production cycle.
- Manage bulk projections, negotiations and final order placements with mill partners and ensure target delivery dates.
- Place all bulk fabric POs and coordinate deliveries to factories.
- Regularly update bulk fabric tracking chart.
- Manage all overseas full package programs approvals and delivery dates.
- Attend weekly meetings with Production Team and manage fabric xmill dates to meet calendar dates.
- Attend fabric shows as needed basis to maintain relationships with important vendors,
- Ensure all FDS sheets are complete each season and filed appropriately.
- Support production with COGS charts by checking all fabric info against FDS sheets on file.
- Request and maintain leftover sample yardage inventory at domestic and overseas factories to utilize for proto samples.
- Establish bulk standard setting and manage up until bulk approval and receiving.
- Collaborate with production team members on fabric defects, shortages, & excess.
- Bulk fabric problem shooting with vendors on quality & color issues.
- Manage end of month report and track liabilities and inventory at the end of each season
- 4+ years of experience in fabric buying & tracking.
- Deep understanding of textile construction and ability to solve problems.
- Proactive, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and work in fast paced environment.
- Exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in PLM, Excel, Outlook
The base salary range for this role is between $80,000 and $90,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.