As the Senior Director of Integrated Communications at Veronica Beard, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive communications strategy that enhances the brand's positioning, awareness, and global market presence. Reporting to the SVP of Brand Marketing, this critical role works closely with the brand Founders and oversees public relations, social media, VIP and celebrity engagement, influencer relations and editorial content. The position will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop plans that reach our target consumer, creating meaningful connections through storytelling and relevant messaging that drive brand visibility and desirability, and ultimately, customer growth, traffic, and sales.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute an integrated, global communications strategy that aligns with the company's overall goals and objectives (markets currently include US, Canada, UK, Germany, Korea). Support key product and category launches, new store openings, creative campaigns, and brand moments with holistic plans designed to reach the target VB consumer.
- Public Relations: Manage Veronica Beard’s earned media efforts, including media relations, press releases / media alerts and crisis communications. Foster positive and meaningful relationships with key media outlets including a network of editors, writers and reporters. Oversee press samples and prioritize needs based on strategic goals per region. Manage and evaluate external global press agencies.
- Social Media Management: Oversee Veronica Beard’s social media presence across all platforms, including content strategy, community management, tone of voice, and engagement to enhance the brand's presence and drive traffic and conversion.
- VIP / Influencer Relations: Develop and maintain relationships with VIPs, celebrities, industry influencers, tastemakers, and stylists to promote the VB brand and key seasonal designs. Develop and oversee talent and advocacy strategy and execution, including tiered organic and paid (fees + gifting) relationships, utilizing data to make informed recommendations. Manage and evaluate external VIP / celebrity agency.
- Events and Partnerships: Collaborate with events and partnership team to support brand and sales activations, partnerships, and collaborations with support via press, influencer, social media, and providing on-site support where relevant.
- Editorial Content Creation: In partnership with Creative and Ecomm teams, identify and develop engaging content that can be shared across brand channels. Establish tone of voice (overall and by platform), ensuring that all communications materials are consistent with the brand's voice and messaging. •Brand Advocacy: Promote a positive and consistent brand image across all global communication channels, adapting for local and cultural nuances. •Budget Management: Develop and manage the department's budget, allocating resources effectively for various communication initiatives.
- Measurement and Analysis: Establish KPIs to measure the success of communication campaigns and provide regular reports with actionable insights to the executive team.
- Crisis Communication: Develop and implement crisis communication plans (internal and external) and lead the team in responding to and managing crises in partnership with external PR agency.
- Innovation: Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging communication technologies, and connect to the cultural zeitgeist to keep the company's communication strategies current and effective.
- Legal Compliance: In partnership with legal team, ensure all communications adhere to relevant laws and regulations, such as data privacy and advertising standards.
- Team Leadership: Lead and manage a high-performing team of PR, social media, influencer, and editorial/copy specialists, providing guidance and mentorship to meet and exceed goals and professional development.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross functional departments, including integrated marketing, creative sales, retail, merchandising, ecommerce, and design to align communication efforts with broader business strategies.
- Special Projects: Support special projects as needed and brand requirements evolve (e.g. sustainability).
- Bachelor's degree required in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
- 7+ years of proven experience in luxury fashion or lifestyle brand communications, social media, and influencer marketing.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to establish relationships with and influence senior leaders internally and externally.
- Creative thinker balanced with strategic vision who can drive innovation in communication planning.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and grow high performing teams.
- In-depth knowledge of the fashion and luxury market.
- Highly collaborative and solutions oriented.
- Experience managing external communications agencies as well as relationships with key editors, stylists, agents, influencers, and tastemakers.
- Can do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves where needed to drive results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity of current technology, trends and best practices in social media, communications, content development, and influencer marketing.
- Experience with Tribe Dynamics / Creator IQ, Launchmetrics, and Dash Hudson or similar platforms.
The salary range for this role is between $160,000 and $175,000. The relevant salary range will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The salary range is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.