Veronica Beard is looking for an experienced Technical Designer to join the team! This role will be specifically for women’s tailored product (pants, jumpsuits, jackets/outerwear) -- reporting to the Senior Technical Designer for Tailoring.
- Measure and prepare garments for fittings.
- Lead fittings for designated product categories.
- Write fit comments for designated product categories made both overseas and domestically.
- Interact with patternmakers and factories to convey fit and construction corrections.
- Travel weekly to domestic factories in the Garment District of NYC to work through pattern and construction corrections.
- Maintain consistent fit and grading based on Veronica Beard standards.
- Prioritize workload based on T&A, seasonal deadlines, and company goals.
- Collaborate daily with cross functional partners to ensure ideal product while maintaining margins.
- Take on additional projects as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a women’s technical designer working with tailored product (specifically bottoms and/or jackets/outerwear experience only).
- Experience leading fittings.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, trims, and internal components for tailored product.
- Strong knowledge of grading principals for tailored product.
- Strong knowledge of patternmaking, draping, and balance for tailored product.
- Able to write and communicate fit corrections to overseas and domestic factories.
- Able to communicate and collaborate positively with cross functional partners and freelancers.
- Proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, dedicated, detail oriented, deadline-driven, and self-motivated.
The base salary range for this role is between $85,000 and $95,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.