Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Area Manager is responsible for directing and leading an area comprised of 6-12 stores. Leads team to achieve a client centric environment and achieve both financial and operational goals. Understands, maintains, protects and models the Veronica Beard culture. Direct Reports include Store Managers in their area, reports directly to Senior Director of retail.
- Meets & Exceeds Sales Plan & KPI metrics
- Communications strategies and action plans to maximize the financial performance of stores in that area of responsibility
- Educates team on scheduling and staffing models, to maximize client experience while maintaining the proper payroll %
- Promotes extraordinary client experiences through leadership & training
- P&L management
- Assesses store morale, monitors, and praises positive associate performance, and resolves and documents performance issues promptly
- Facilitates feedback process for major issues between Field and Corporate
Staffing and Associate Development:
- Networks in industry to recruit and hire high quality management candidates
- Fills all levels of open positions within the area in an urgent and timely manner
- Ensures adequate staff is available to meet business needs
- Follows company criteria properly hiring, reviewing, coaching and promoting Managers
- Administers company personnel programs including appropriate performance reviews, compensation and employment records
- Documents employee performance in a timely manner
- Creates enthusiasm and excitement within store to motivate high performance teams
- Oversees stores payroll management by reviewing stores weekly schedules, salaries, and allowable hours.
- Oversees stores Controls, company’s assets, i.e. key control, loss prevention measures, inventory paperwork and company standards of conduct
- Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash, inventory, fixtures and property
- Oversees execution of floor-sets and promotional directives; implements visual merchandising
- Supervises the overall cleanliness and organization of stores sales floor and backrooms
- Ensures stores store appearance and atmosphere supports and reinforces the brand image
- Understands, supports and complies with all company policies and procedures
- Ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies and directives
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goals
- Represents the fashion and style of Veronica Beard
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and styles
- Appreciation and demonstration of an overall finished fashion look
- Ensure staff is following Veronica Beard fashion guidelines.
- Comfortable with being on camera for social media purposes (both stills and video)
- Able to fluidly discuss product and fashion on camera
- Ideal candidate must possess 3-5 years in the luxury business, strong team leadership, excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills required, energetic, outgoing, driven individual with an eye for women's fashion and passion to succeed. Strong visual background, sound organization and operational skills
- Minimum of 2 years retail Store Management position/experience in women’s apparel (or related field)
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong observation skills – identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, and floor awareness
- Ability to retain and utilize data, i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures
- Ability to create a quality working environment that will encourage others to develop and excel
- Foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect, professionalism, and teamwork to achieve goals
- Visits stores in their Area regularly
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.