Veronica Beard is seeking a skilled and creative Associate Women’s Designer to support the RTW design team across research, design, and development with a focus on tailoring and structured wovens. The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to the Designer.
- Alongside the Design team, create a well-balanced, cohesive, and on-brand collection each season (11 deliveries/year), with a focus onjackets, bottoms, outerwear, tailored dresses, and shirting
- Research trends and inspiration as directed by the Creative Directors
- Work across the entire design process from sketching, flats, CADs, developing tech packs, and attending fittings in collaboration with the design team
- Create and amend initial style numbers, tech packs, BOMS, and linesheets. Ensure design boards and line sheets are maintained for all collections.
- Communicate daily with domestic and international factories and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Apparel
- 4+ years of related experience (relevant internship experience included)
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Strong sketching ability
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Understanding of fabric, garment construction, pattern making, and fit
- Ability to work independently as well as being a hands-on team player. Should be open to taking direction and able to work under pressure
- Detail oriented, organized, and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office
- PLM experience a plus
The base salary range for this role is between $60,000 and $70,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.