Veronica Beard is seeking a Fabric Manager for soft woven/ cut & sew to join our Fabric team. The Fabric team manages fabric development for the entire VB collections (VB RTW Collection and VB Jeans). We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has strong textile experience, has great communication skills, and can maintain a strong bridge across Design, Product Development, Technical and Production teams. The position is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Senior Director of Raw Materials.
- Strategize sourcing for both nominated and full package program across soft woven and cut & sew.
- Develop and maintain relationships with mills and suppliers to ensure successful business partnerships.
- Set and manage quality assurance and evaluates and tracks mills and suppliers’ performance.
- Work closely with the Design team on fabric selection process, ensuring mills are flexible with minimums both in sampling and bulk.
- Attend fabric shows and independent agent fairs seasonally.
- Spearhead sustainability opportunities at the onset of the season while working within price matrix.
- Responsible for all product testing requirements, compliance, and internal standards
- Create and maintain seasonal fabric library, fabric binders, fabric racks & boards.
- System Management – Partner up our data entry specialist and teammate to maintain Fabric Data Entry in PLM/EXENTA.
- Ensure data accuracy across all platforms and departments.
- Maintain various charts (fabric development chart, WIP, buy chart, virtual board,etc)
- Fabric Detail Sheets (FDS)- review all details and make sure quality meet company requirements.
- Purchase Orders –help issue POs for Sampling
- Invoice management- keep track of invoices & pass to AP automated payment system for payment processing.
- Lab Dip Management – prepare, launch, track, and comment on all dips across woven, cut & sew and yarns.
- Arrange meetings to review seasonal collections.
- Manage & follow up with all in-bound and out-bound shipments.
- Review and correct any sample yardage color/patterns needed prior to bulk.
- 5+ years of experience in fabric or relevant experience
- Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and balance workload
- Deep understanding of textile construction and ability to cost engineer
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, We Transfer, and Adobe Programs
- Proactive, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to details
- PLM experience is a must
- Prior Raw Material testing knowledge is a plus
The base salary range for this role is between $70,000 and $80,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.