Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Merchandising Assistant role is to support product direction and performance of all categories RTW and VB Jeans). The individual will work closely with the RTW Merchandiser and Jean Merchandiser to support in developing a line that represents Veronica Beard. Applicants must be organized, detail oriented and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. The position is based out of our NYC office.
- Create selling reports to analyze weekly, monthly, seasonal data & provide hindsight analysis
- Provide competitive analysis: price points, silhouettes, fabric, category, etc.
- Stay abreast on competitor info to identify opportunities and provide seasonal merch guidance
- Develop PK guide packets for store and E-commerce teams
- Act as liaison between Design, Sales and Production
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Assist merchandising team in day – day tasks including:
- Maintain Merch Boards at each stage of development
- Help organize development counts by attributes
- Create trend reports/runway recaps
- Assist during pre- market line opening, sample and model help
- Support PKG creation
- Assist in creation of line sheets for exclusive requests
- Conduct market and competitive analysis on pricing, product offering and trends
- Update selling recap binder with global selling on a weekly basis
- Update VB Woman’s Calendar weekly by month
- 1-2 years of merchandising experience
- Strong analytical skills; well versed in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create reports to identify opportunities and wins
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong product sense and financial acumen
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and able to work independently as well as collaboratively cross-functionally
- Enthusiasm for Merchandising and Women’s Fashion
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.