The Merchandising Assistant role is to support product direction and performance for the RTW category. The individual will work closely with the RTW Merchandiser to support in developing a line that represents Veronica Beard. Applicants must be organized, detail oriented and proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. The position is based out of our NYC office.
- Create selling reports to analyze weekly, monthly, seasonal data & provide hindsight analysis
- Provide competitive analysis: price points, silhouettes, fabric, category, etc.
- Stay abreast on competitor info to identify opportunities and provide seasonal merch guidance
- Develop PK guide packets for store and E-commerce teams
- Act as liaison between Design, Sales and Production
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and cross-functional partners
Assist merchandising team in day – day tasks including:
- Maintain Merch Boards at each stage of development
- Help organize development counts by attributes
- Create trend reports/runway recaps
- Assist during pre- market line opening, sample and model help
- Support PKG creation
- Assist in creation of line sheets for exclusive requests
- Conduct market and competitive analysison pricing, product offering and trends
- Update selling recap binder with global selling on a weekly basis
- Update VB Woman’s Calendar weekly by month
- 1-2 years of merchandising experience
- Strong analytical skills; well versed in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create reports to identify opportunities and wins
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong product sense and financial acumen
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and able to work independently as well as collaboratively cross-functionally
- Enthusiasm for Merchandising and Women’s Fashion
The hourly range for this role is between $23.00 and $25.00. The relevant hourly rate will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The hourly rate is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.