Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
Veronica Beard is seeking a driven and passionate Product Development Assistant to work closely with the Product Development and Design teams, focusing on RTW collection, Cut & Sew, Swim program, and Trims development. The role will involve collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams across the company. This role is based in our NYC office and reports directly to the Product Development Manager.
- Support Product Development Manager and Product Development Associate on all aspects of development from initial techpack through to production hand-off
- Work with Design and Product Development Team to track, develop, and execute Proto and Salesman Samples for RTW, Swim line, and exclusive programs
- Responsible for developing repeated styles, exclusive sample requests, and PR Duplicates through tech pack and BOM initiation
- Daily communication with international vendors
- Create and manage factory linesheets, utilize to ensure proto and SMS samples are delivered on time
- Set up and update styles in PLM throughout development stage, and automatically generate style info in ERP system at the end of each season
- Assist in preparation and set up for all internal reviews and fittings during each season
- Assist Product Development Team in ensuring a complete hand-off to production at the end of each season – including, but not limited to: BOM, digital patterns, Keep Samples, Trim info
- Work closely with Fabric Team and Trim Buyer to ensure all material delivery is aligned with sample schedule
- Maintain Master Style WIP chart to ensure all style info is up-to-date and aligned with all seasonal charts
- Create outgoing packages and receive incoming packages. Daily tracking of all incoming packages and help organize and log in all received samples
- Request patterns from factories and graders
- Help prepare dry clean testing for all new and counter-developed trims
- Create trim binders for each season, and help maintain in-office trim organization
- Assist in maintaining and updating trim library, updating shared Master Trim Chart for cross-functional use
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Garment Industry
- Experience working with overseas and domestic factories
- Proactive, extremely organized, detail oriented, can think on their feet, and has a sense of urgency
- Welcomes a challenge, and breathes fresh air into a team dynamic
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot
- Willingness and eager to learn and grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Photoshop & Illustrator is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of Trim is a plus
- Experience with PLM and ERP system is a plus
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.