Veronica Beard is seeking a driven and passionate Product Development Assistant to work closely with the Product Development and Design teams, focusing on RTW collection, Cut & Sew, Swim program, and Trims development. The role will involve collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams across the company. This role is based in our NYC office and reports directly to the Product Development Manager.
- Supports Product Development Manger on all aspects of development from initial Tech pack through to production hand-off.
- Manage Product Development Coordinator
- Work with Design and Product Development Team to track, develop, and execute Proto and Salesman Samples for RTW, Swim line, and exclusive programs
- Responsible for developing repeated styles, exclusive sample requests, and PR Duplicates through tech pack and BOM initiation
- Daily communication with international vendors
- Create and manage factory line sheets, utilize to ensure proto and SMS samples are delivered on time
- Set up and update styles in PLM throughout development stage, and automatically generate style info in ERP system at the end of each season
- Execute preparation and set up for all internal reviews and fittings during each season
- Assist Product Development Team in ensuring a complete hand-off to production at the end of each season – including, but not limited to: BOM, digital patterns, Keep Samples, Trim info
- Work closely with Fabric Team and Trim Buyer to ensure all material delivery is aligned with sample schedule
- Maintain Master Style WIP chart to ensure all style info is up-to-date and aligned with all seasonal charts
- Request patterns from factories and graders
- Create trim binders for each season, and help maintain in-office trim organization
- 3-5 years of experience in Garment Industry
- Experience working with overseas and domestic factories
- Experience with Soft Woven in Dresses and tops.
- Experience with embroidery and special hand technique with overseas vendor.
- Proactive, extremely organized, detail oriented, can think on their feet, and has a sense of urgency
- Welcomes a challenge, and breathes fresh air into a team dynamic
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot
- Willingness and eager to learn and grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Photoshop & Illustrator is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of Trim is a plus
- Experience with PLM and ERP system is a plus
The base salary range for this role is between $65,000 and $80,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.