Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking a Raw Material Purchasing Manager to manage the process from early bulk projections to final bulk purchase orders and receiving for all wovens, cut&sew and leather. We are looking for a candidate who has a solid purchasing background, strong supplier partnerships, deadline driven and is extremely organized to support the growth of our business. Candidates must be able thrive in a fast-paced business and can multitask in a close team environment. Maintaining a strong bridge across Fabric R&D, Design, PD, and Production teams is key in this role. This role is based in our NYC office and reports to the Senior Director of Raw Materials.
- Partner with Senior Director of Fabric and VP of Production to set T&A calendar
- Plan and manage the buy calendar based on key milestone dates
- Collaborate with all cross functional teams to resolve potential bulk fabric issues
- Maintain strict quality standards as design’s aesthetic while approving bulk head ends
- Work closely with Fabric team on all bulk standard setting prior to bulk placement
- Partner with fabric team and customs broker on all seasonal raw material import duty inquiries
- Build and maintain good work relationships with all fabric mills and vendors
- Maintain organized files of seasonal bulk approval and manage records for bulk fabric liability at mills and in NY
- Organize sell off of materials as needed
- Negotiate prices and delivery prior to bulk po placement
- Coordinate with freight forwarder for all domestic fabric shipments coming into NY and ensure timely deliveries in the most cost-effective way
- Manage all bulk invoice processing
- Negotiate payment terms up front with new mills based on company policy
- Partner with Product Development team on all domestic raw material arrivals as well as track/receive goods in our system
- Drive efficiencies with existing process while creating new processes.
- Attend weekly production bulk meetings
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in purchasing
- Possess strong textile knowledge and understanding in both wovens, cut&sew and leathers
- Attention to detail with strong follow through
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- PLM/ERP knowledge, Excel, Microsoft Office, Exenta
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.