Location: New York City
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Veronica Beard Fabric team manages both fabric development and bulk production, working on VB RTW Collection, VB CORE, VB Jeans, and VB Swim. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has strong textile experience, has great communication skills, and is excited to help grow the Fabric team. The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain a strong bridge across Design, Product Development, Technical and Production teams. This role is based in our NY office and reports to the Senior Director of Raw Materials.
- Strategize sourcing with Senior Director of Raw Materials for both nominated and full package programs across wovens, cut &sew and leather
- Work closely with Design team on fabric selection process, ensuring mills are flexible with minimums both in sampling and bulk
- Attend fabric shows and independent agent fairs seasonally
- Spearhead sustainability opportunities at the onset of the season while working within price matrix
- Organize and maintain generic fabric library as well as seasonal fabric research
- Place sample POs and coordinate sample shipments to both domestic and overseas factories
- Attend weekly meetings with Product Development team on all development groups and manage fabric xmill dates to meet milestone calendar dates
- Manage all overseas full package programs and push vendors for newness in raw materials
- Partner with print designer each season to identify basecloth and repeat limitations of each print base in development stage and maintain calendar deadlines
- Maintain WIP and COGS charts with all fabric info for Design, PD, and Production team
- Ensure all FDS sheet are complete each season
- Maintain sample yardage inventory at domestic and overseas factories to utilize for proto samples
- Establish bulk standard setting and manage up until bulk approval and receiving
- Manage bulk projections, negotiations and final order placements with mill partners and ensure target delivery dates
- Manage end of month report and track liabilities and inventory at the end of each season
- 8+ years of experience in fabric R&D as well as purchasing
- Deep understanding of textile construction and ability to cost engineer
- Proactive, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in PLM, Excel, Outlook
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.