#MAKEITHAPPENSara Gore, Host of NBC's New York Live & Open House
To make things happen for myself instead of waiting for someone else to give me an opportunity. You have to create opportunities. Don’t wait for it.
I’m the youngest of 3 girls and everyone thought they had to do things for me. I have the drive to prove I can do things for myself.
Baking cakes or hitting the treadmill. Depends on my mood.
Pause and then remind myself that what I bring to the table is me. And that’s something no one else can bring. Trust in yourself and your point of view.
My debilitating shyness as a child. Forcing myself to speak in front of an audience. Face your fears. If you don’t, they’ll still be your fears when it’s too late to change them.
how i make it happen
1. Before I open my eyes in the morning, I play my day through in my head and think about what I want to accomplish, and start my day with gratitude. Then coffee! I have a coffee station in my bedroom so I have a cup before any one of my 3 kids wakes up. Right now I’m obsessed with Girl Scouts Coconut Caramel coffee. It’s like my favorite Samoa cookie. I go through my daily schedule in bed while I drink that first cup in total peace and quiet and catch the local news on NBC 4 with Darlene, Michael, Lauren, and Maria!
2. Work out before breakfast. Seratonins to start the day. Couple miles on the treadmill while I catch up on Succession, followed by a pilates class on The Mirror.
3. Egg white omelette with feta and a slice of turkey (plus shiitakes if I have them).
1. Make your plan for the next day the night before.
2. Do one thing every day that you really don’t want to do, but you know will move you forward.
3. Always make time to sit and chill and enjoy a guilty pleasure. Even if it’s just for 30 minutes. It’s something to look forward to.
1. Be over-prepared. You can’t do a good job when you don’t feel confident. Confidence comes from preparation.
2. Always arrive early.
3. Don’t bring your personal life onto the job. Leave it at the door before you walk in. Come in with a smile, whether you feel it or not. It will start to take over.
Don’t strive for what will make you money. Strive for what makes you happy and money will follow.
Breakfast in bed with my kids on Sunday mornings.
Cakes. The bigger the better.
Veronica Miele Beard ;)
Shop the Look
SHOP NOW, clockwise from top left: