Veronica Beard is looking for an energetic and dedicated Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in New York reporting to the Accounting Manager.
The individual must be able to assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to vendor and payment management. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of Accounts Payable within the Apparel and Fashion industry.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable processing in in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Code, enter invoices, review and match payments to invoice backup, mail out checks and maintain accounts payable files.
- Provide top-quality assistance and support to all internal and external business partners.
- Maintain and organize the process of invoice booking: promptly secure all necessary approvals and appropriate coding while meeting high standards of accounting accuracy and position requirements.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately by the assigned deadlines.
- Review and audit expense reporting for receipts and proper GL coding including for corporate credit card expenses.
- Reconcile vendor statements with processed invoices/payments. Follow-up for invoice copies and with internal contacts in a timely manner.
- Assist with month-end closing and reconciling AP ledger with general ledger.
- Proactively investigate and resolve outstanding vendor invoice issues
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Maintain systems and provide feedback on improvement opportunities
- Be a team player by providing coverage for team members as needed
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable in the fashion/apparel industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Experience working with complimentary business functions such as Production and Operations
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal oriented (self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently).
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup. Experience with MS-Great Plains a plus.
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.