The Product Development Assistant (Sweaters, Cut & Sew Knits) will be supporting the product lifecycle for the Sweaters and Cut & Sew Knits category. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working on physical product, is highly organized and has a genuine interest in learning about product development for knitwear. This role is based out of our NYC office and reports to the Assistant Product Development Manager for knitwear.
Support and assist in day-to-day operations of Product Development + Design teams for sweaters, as follows:
- Work with PD Assistant Manager to create and maintain seasonal WIP files, tracking raw materials and samples statuses daily
- Utilize PLM software to set up and update raw materials and seasonal styles throughout development process
- Create and maintain BOMs in PLM system for all styles throughout development process
- Responsible for coordinating and sending parcels to overseas factories, as well as checking in samples, mock-ups, and approvals when boxes are received
- Maintain sample library, organizing and archiving garments each season for future design reference or distribution to sample sale
- Assist in the sourcing of raw materials (yarns and trims) each season, as well as pricing, organizing, and archiving seasonal yarn cards / selections sent from mills / vendors
- Support PD Assistant Manager in the ordering of yarns and other raw materials, as well as tracking status of all materials
- Work with Design Colorist to launch seasonal lab dips and send comments to suppliers / mills, as needed
- Steam and prepare samples for fittings and seasonal market appointments, coordinating button and trim applications and alterations, when necessary
- Attend development fittings, taking thorough notes about any style changes that affect materials and BOMs
- Product Development, Production or Knitwear Design major is preferable. Applicants must have a strong interest in learning the ins-and-outs of knitwear (sweater and cut & sew) development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and PLM
- Familiarity with design, product development and production processes
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral), as well as attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
The hourly range for this role is between $24.00 and $25.00. The relevant hourly rate will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The hourly rate is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.