The Project Manager reports into the VP of Operations and evaluates business processes and adopts innovative and transformational thinking to determine areas for improvement. This person elicits and defines business requirements that translate into process and technology improvements yielding scalable procedures, and systemic efficiencies throughout Veronica Beard. The role will support areas of growth opportunity across the company; defining engagement scopes, budget needs; and executing and documenting project deliverables on time and on budget.
Key Internal Relationships: Veronica Beard Leadership Team and other cross functional associates
Key External Relationships: Technology partners and other service providers
- Interact with users at all levels of the organization to elicit and define business requirements related to process improvement initiatives and/or business needs.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop optimization strategies to implement process and technology solutions.
- Complete a Project Brief to effectively communicate insights, financial impact and implementation plans to cross-functional team members; and to obtain Executive approval.
- Utilize business and technical acumen, use cases and skilled communications to develop business and functional documentation for internal & external IT partners /3rd part developers and business departments.
- Develop comprehensive workflow diagrams of current “As-Is” and future “Should-Be” business processes, systems, and control points utilizing MS Visio or other process flow applications.
- Collaborate with IT, for developing the testing plans, writing the test scripts that follow use cases formulated during business requirements gathering.
- Partner with affected staff to develop a training program and conduct or arrange for formal training sessions covering the designated process and system changes.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, KPI’s and metrics that impact of process improvement related to system development efforts.
- Gather and document critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports to advance project agenda.
- Manage a project portfolio of process improvement initiatives that focus on functional and production areas.
- Create various project pipeline reports to Leadership and other stakeholders.
- Conduct timely meetings with project stakeholders about project issues, milestones, and accomplishments.
- Development of project plans (using Microsoft Project or other acceptable application) for each assigned project that will track all milestones, resources, costs, and other defined attributes at project start.
- Ensure that project deliverables are managed according to the approved schedule and budget, that the right communication channels are set up.
- Monitor the execution of activities per the project requirements, predict and prevent project timeline delays and budget overages.
- Ensure that necessary resources are available throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Develop metrics for each of the respective business units that are effective, measurable, and attainable.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Operations, Management, Science, or related technical field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years in Business Analysis and/or Project Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Project management and team leadership skills
- Microsoft Office 365 – Intermediate Level/Strong PowerPoint skills
- MS Project /MS Visio
- SQL experience a plus
- Project Management Certification (PMI/PMP), a plus
- Exceptional analytical, technical, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills. The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in conducting meetings, creating detailed reports, and giving presentations
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
The base salary range for this role is between $75,000 and $85,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
Please apply to this role HERE.