Location: Chicago, IL
Role Type: Full-time
Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Sales Assistant is responsible for supporting the selling process and the basic operations of the store, by contributing to the customers’ exceptional shopping experience through greeting, maintaining visual merchandising standards, assisting sales start-to-finish, cashier, essential stock functions and ensuring back of house areas are organized and running efficiently and safely.
- Welcomes customers and sets the tone for a friendly, professional shopping experience
- Assists in running the fitting room and “go backs”
- Handles customers sales transactions promptly and efficiently
- Maintains a clean and visually appealing cash wrap area at all times (i.e. display cases, earring fixtures, clutter free, etc.)
- Produces work that is thorough, accurate and neat
- Maintains the backroom in an orderly and efficient manner; ensures freight is processes in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures merchandise is delivered to the sales floor in a timely manner, replenishes merchandise on the sales floor from the back room as well as a fitting room area
- Controls inventory and shrink losses according to company standards
Merchandising and Housekeeping:
- Maintains displays, replenishes merchandise on sales floor
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the wrap desk area
- Process merchandise shipments, as needed
- Straightens, cleans and helps maintain the store and backroom areas
- Understands and follows all company policies and procedures
- Adheres to company guidelines of dependability, including attendance and requirements
- Maintains a professional appearance whenever on the shop floor
- Completes other duties assigned by store management
- Attends Store Meetings
- Comfortable with being on camera for social media purposes (both stills and video)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Good observation skills – identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, floor awareness, etc.
- Ability to retain and utilize data, i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures
- Standing, walking, bending, squatting, twisting and climbing ladders 6-12 feet
- Simple grasping, pushing, lifting and or carrying things with right/left-hand which weigh 3-15 pounds
- Reaching above or below shoulder level
- Maintains a friendly, positive, and professional behavior/conduct at all times
- Participate in a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect and teamwork to achieve goals
- Retail experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- High School education or equivalent
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements and any other pertinent materials.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.